This post has a new batch of parasol mushrooms and three insects. Finally I’m starting to build up my 2015 bug portfolio but I don’t think it’s nearly as diverse as last year’s.
In my June 30 post, Old/New, I had photos of my first experience with parasol mushrooms. Those mushrooms went their course and died out. Within a week, and after and lots of rain, a new crop popped up in the same location.
Two days after first showing up the parasols opened. These photos look quite a bit different from the first post because of the lighting. I used flash for these.
Note the collar on the stem of the mushroom. This is were the cap was attached before it opened up.
The following photos were taken at one of the many wineries within an hour’s drive of St. Louis.
A large rolling meadow was covered with the plants in the next two photos. I was surprised at how tall they were – ranging from three to five feet tall.
It may or may not have had something to do with the wine consumption on the premises or the beer consumption on the party bus that brought us, but no one could tell me the name of these plants. So, as usual, I had to give them a name and I called them flower baskets.
At the beginning of this post I mentioned I managed to get three insect photos. I didn’t have my macro lens so these were all shot with a 24-85mm zoom lens.
Red ant on a white flower.
Green metallic bee.
Red ladybug on a flower basket.
I would like to thank Captain Obvious who provided the informative insect captions above.
And to every one else … thank you for stopping by.